::because the little moments go by too fast::because pictures and memories are meant to be shared::because so many of our family and friends live a little too far away::







Friday, February 4, 2011

stay this little, please

looking back over the old posts on this blog have me feeling a little, well, sad.
not that i don't love where we are now.
i love the freedom that comes with having "older" kiddos.
i love sleeping through the night.
i love conversations about real life stuff.
i love watching them grow into a young lady and a young man.
but amidst a busy school/dance/gymnastics/piano/soccer/daisies schedule
i get a little sad.
just a little sad that the 'little' years are going by so quickly.
but since this is the season God has us in at this time, i'm gonna love every minute of it.
and i do. :-)
the dancing. the laughter. the pretending. losing most races of Mario Kart to my 4 year old boy. playing veterinarian with my girl. tickling my little man without even touching him when ginourmous laughter erupts. having a fashion show with my girl. the snuggles. the kisses. the hugs. notes from my girl that say 'who could be a better mom?'.
cuz i know before i'm ready, it's all gonna be a memory from many blog posts back.
so i'm thankful for today. and i'm gonna lay by my girl for a bit every night she asks me to. cuz i don't do it enough. gonna make sure to chase, tackle, and tickle my little man at least once a day, too. cuz i can. :-)

thanks for reading. make sure to say yes to that one thing your kiddo always asks you to do. cuz pretty soon they won't ask any more and you'll wish you had said yes more often.
nite. :-)




3 comments:

One chance at this life said...

Your kids are so adorable, Kristi!! I love your posting....it is so true....that we all need to be reminded to slow down and enjoy the moments instead of rushing off to do the next thing.

Derrick, Shelbie, kai, Addalyn and Eli said...

Thanks Kristi, this was such a sweet post. I cried through it. It's such a good reminder for ALL moms, but I especially feel like life with the little guys IS a whirlwind. Some days I wish it to be over and on to the "next" things, but you are right....it will all pass too quickly and then be gone. Thanks for reminding me to take advantage of my little people NOW.

greg & kristi + two said...

Thanks, girls. :-) HUGS!