::because the little moments go by too fast::because pictures and memories are meant to be shared::because so many of our family and friends live a little too far away::







Wednesday, May 16, 2012

.little.babes.grand.entrance.

Saturday, April 21st.

2:45am - I wake up.  My water breaks.  I jump out of bed and inform Greg he will not be able to go skiing in a few hours...instead we will be having a baby!

3:15am - Our neighbor and friend comes over to crash on the couch to watch the big kiddos.  We head to the hospital!

3:35am - We arrive at St. Francis.  We get checked in.  I get a bit anxious - hoping the labor doesn't progress as quickly as my friend Staci's 3rd labor did...resulting in a non-epidural delivery (I want the juice!!)

4:00am - 2-3cm dialated (not much change from the dr appt that weds)

5:00am - Contractions pick up.  Epidural ordered early since it's my 3rd baby...no telling how quickly B will drop and want out!

6:00am - Epidural.  Feel a little sad to have had only an hour of painful contractions (gotta do a little wrk, right)?? 

6:30am - Hear lady next door deliver a baby with NO epidural.  Thank God profusely that I already have one!!

8:00am - Braydon decides to fall into a heavy sleep.  Apparently this is not what he should do during active labor.  Nurse pumps me with cold fluids and pokes at my belly to try to wake the little dude up.  It only takes about an hour and he starts kicking.  4cm.

9:00am - Nurse tells us to rest.  Says if he is like most 3rd babies he'll move quick now that he is awake.  Greg naps.  I sit in my bed, giddy as can be, far from able to nap.

9:30am  - Feeling pressure.  Nurse checks.  6cm, and he has completely dropped.

10:30am  Feels like I gotta push.  (I will point out here that this epidural was perfect!!  I felt every contraction, could feel and move both legs, felt the urge to push and could tell when I was pushing effectively, and felt the little guy come out.  But pain?  Nada. Nothing. Ziltch.  It was perfection in a giant needle inserted in my back!). Nurse checks.  10cm and ready to push!

10:35am  I push for one contraction while nurse checks to see if pushing is going to go fast or slow.  She immediately tells me to stop pushing so she can call the Dr in---B is ready to get out!

****Interesting tidbit --- just before I started my first push, down in New Mexico my sister was crossing the finish line of her first marathon!!!*****

10:40am  Pushed through 2 1/2 contractions....

10:47am  Little B was out!!! The sound of his cry made me smile and cry at the same time.  Our baby boy was finally here!!!

Braydon Joshua Steeger
6lbs 8oz

.cutest.babe.ever.

.love.

Recovery?  Decent.  Nothing huge - though I'll admit the extra 6 years of 'age' made this recovery seem a little more difficult that the first two babes.  This is true of the weight loss after birth, too..... :-/

So there it is - Braydon's Birth Story.  Our third little miracle is finally in our arms, and we cannot imagine life without him.

"Just when you think you know the expanse of love in your heart...
                             .....something little comes along to remind you just how BIG love really is."












props to daddy for the mad camera skills....i trained him well!!!

1 comment:

Derrick, Shelbie, kai, Addalyn and Eli said...

A truly beautiful 3rd addition to a great family! So glad B is healthy and was in God's most perfect timing. Congrats friends!